Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Readi-ness

A break through of sorts.
I am sitting on my bed in Portugal, it's 4am and I'm not one bit tired. The time difference kicks my butt every time.
I can honestly say I am ready to be ready to go. It has been an incredibly difficult week and one that I will look back on and see God's grace walked me through it all, just like the weeks after my sister's accident. I haven't had time to think much about Bangladesh but today for some reason I have been able to meditate on my purpose in going and on the people I will leave behind and the journey ahead and God in his sovereign mercy has comforted my heart and I can honestly say I am ready to be ready to go. That means if I were leaving tomorrow, I would not be ready. But I am ready to cut some roots and begin preparing my mind and thoughts fully to leave in August. I had a lot of hours to think through things during my trip over from the US, and then all day today as the family was out and I was home alone resting from the 16 hour trip. Being away from AZ has helped me clear my mind and I just feel less influenced and distracted in my thinking. The reality of Bangladesh is setting in, and I am oh so happy for this next step.

1 comment:

Bri DuPree said...

im so excited for you! i loved your postcard! i love the website! and i love that you're doing something that encompasses your passions and dreams. im excited for all that you're gonna learn about people and Jesus.