Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Redemption

My weaknesses are at the forefront of my mind these days, as I struggle with certain dyslexic tendencies coming back and my eyes giving me trouble and my complaining about not having been gifted with one thing or another that I see as greater gifts than the ones God gave me.

I think that our view of heaven is not really what it's going to be like. Not that we wont enjoy it, but what will change is not reality so much as our perspective of it.

Is down-syndrome really a disease of the person who is down-syndrome, or is the disease our perspective of it?

Is dyslexia or the inability to memorize numbers a weakness or is our perspective that knowing how to read perfectly and knowing a bunch of numbers is super important the weakness?

Is bringing heaven to earth taking away the "bad" of the earth, all the poverty and every uneducated person and replacing it with socially acceptable things, or is it being poor with the poor and not caring about having things anyways, and knowing that while education is cool, what do we really need to know but Jesus?

Really? Sometimes I think that when heaven happens God will be doing more healing and redeeming of our minds than healing and redeeming the earth.

1 comment:

Josh Gigs said...

Well thought through friend.......I miss you and your heart a lot.