Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

bahasa indo

Oh goodness. My head hurts. Maybe it's from sickness or maybe it's from the 52 flash cards I just wrote out. I don't know but it sure sucks the energy from my spirit.
Today was our first day of 6 weeks of 6 hour-a-day language classes. It was super encouraging as I was able to have a semi-understandable conversation with the school receptionist in bahasa Indonesian by the end of class. And by conversation I mean about 7 simple and pretty broken sentences. :) But hey, it's communicating, so it's language.
I'm trying to take advantage of my motivated attitude to learn as much as possible right now and I really do look forward to these next weeks of focused, intentional learning. There's something about learning that makes my brain work better in other areas as well. I feel like I articulate better and my thoughts are more established when I am in the mindset of learning. That said, it's going to be a cram and I would appreciate your thoughts and encouragements as I set goals and press on to learn this ridic crazy, though simple, (there are no tenses!) language.

Salamat sore. :)

2 comments:

J said...

I'm jealous that you're learning a new language...I need to get rosetta stone to keep up with you haha.

did you know bob is originally from lancaster? he said he didn't know you were up there, or else he would have visited too.

I'm glad you're motivated and hopeful. The amazing stuff you'll do there will make the sickness and language cramming worth it, I'm sure. God's got you right where he wants you. Keep writing these!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking of you and decided to drop by. :) How crazy that you're in Indonesia!! I hope you start feeling better soon. Been there soooo many times. Too many in fact. But it always makes for good stories later. :)

IBC just isn't the same without you. Lacks that special flare that is Juliana.

I'm praying for you. And eager to see how God uses you in Indonesia!

Dana Ryan :)